Friday 16 May 2008

Meetings, meetings, meetings ....


This last week I attended a meeting of the Parish Finance Committee on Monday evening followed by a meeting at school on Tuesday evening. This has in fact been quite a 'light' week for evening meetings. Whilst these and other meetings are very important I must admit that I wouldn't put attendance at them very high on my list of, 'Things I enjoy most about being a Parish Priest'!

Nevertheless they are a very necessary part of parish life and run alongside the celebration of the Sacraments and my other 'priestly' duties. I very much appreciate the many hours that so many people give of their time and effort for the good of our parish and school.

3 comments:

Flick Saunders said...

Meetings work in many ways though. They facilitate what 'has to be done', they bring different members of our parish community together who might not otherwise get to know each other, and give us an opportunity to get involved which I believe is all part of our remit. However, one can have an overload of them - and no doubt as parish priest, you are asked to all of them! Apart from the celebration of the Sacraments, what is number one on your 'enjoy list' of being a Parish Priest?

St Ann's Parish said...

Thank you for your comment, Flick, I agree with all you say. As to your question, I need a little time to consider it,there are so many 'joys'.

Idle Rambler said...

I liked the question at the end of your comment, Flick. I think many of us would be interested to hear Fr Miceal's answer.