Tuesday 10 June 2008

Rome


I'm just making a 'flying visit' to the Eternal City. Here you can see a picture looking down the Via della Conciliazione towards St Peter's Basilica, taken from the bus as I arrived.

I will be rushing around during my two-night stay but it is always good to be in Rome, even if for just a very short while. Being close to the Vatican and the Holy Father makes one feel very much part of, and in touch with, the Universal Church.

Of course, Rome is not just the Vatican and I hope to be able to snatch a few moments of leisure time to stroll along the streets and maybe pop into one of the many street cafes and watch the world go by for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such a lovely picture of St Peter's in the distance. Makes me want to book a flight over to Rome for the weekend!