Monday 28 July 2008

B5 Holiday Fun Week

This week is Holiday Fun Week. Now if you are aged between 5 and 11 or a parent of children in this age group, there will be no need to explain what this means!

Every year the Banstead Five Churches organises a holiday scheme for children from all the local churches. About 200 children take part, many of them from St Ann's and I'm pleased to say that we also provide many of the leaders and helpers too. This year, the Coordinating church is All Saints' Church and the theme of the week is Pirates.

In the morning the children meet together in groups to explore various Bible-related themes and generally have fun and make new friends. I popped in to see how everyone was getting on this morning and they all seemed to be having a great time. I might add that I saw one particular adult pirate that looked very familiar but it took a while for me to recognise him as he usually dresses in a similar way to myself!

If anyone involved has any pictures of this year's Fun Week, I would be delighted to include them on the blog. Just email them to me at the parish address as soon as possible.

No comments: