Wednesday 1 October 2008

New students at the Pontifical Irish College in Rome

I am delighted to see that the Holy Father has welcomed the new students at the Pontifical Irish College in Rome and greeted them in his Wednesday Audience.

"I offer a warm welcome to the new students of the Pontifical Irish College. May your priestly formation in the Eternal City prepare you to be generous and faithful servants of God’s People in your native land."

You may remember that I posted a photo of my old college on the blog a while ago when I managed to make a brief visit during my flying trip to Rome back in June.

Please keep the students in your prayers as they begin their period of formation in Rome. Please remember also the students of our own Diocese as they begin another year's formation at St John's Seminary, Wonersh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I particularly think of Peter Andrews, the deacon from Ashstead who has started at Wonersh this September 'for an upgrade' (as one of our dicosean priest put it!) and also Karl who we see from time to time in Banstead. It is good to be able to pray for people we know and generally for more vocations to the priesthood - we need more priests!