Thursday 8 July 2010

A Feast of Confessions! . . .





This past Sunday, being the first Sunday of the month, I was available to hear Confessions after every Mass as usual. It was so encouraging to see so many coming to celebrate the Sacrament and especially when whole families would come together, sometimes three generations of the same family.

Our Year Six children are now coming to the end of their time in primary school and preparing to move up to secondary school; leaving behind the familiar and getting ready to make new friends and meet all the challenges that the move will inevitably mean for them. On Tuesday I was able to visit our parish school and confessed 58 of our Year Six children. It is always a great pleasure and a very humbling experience.

Finally, yesterday, I was delighted to be able to assist in hearing Confessions at The John Fisher School nearby. Although not in our diocese, being so close to Banstead, many of our parishioners are pupils at the school and I'm very happy to help out with Confessions throughout the year. I am always very impressed with the preparation that the boys have received and the way in which they approach the Sacrament.
Oh, my God, because you are so good,
I'm very sorry that I've sinned against you and,
with the help of your grace,
I will try not to sin again.

No comments: