Saturday 6 June 2009

Tempus fugit . . .


I'm speechless! (I know that's not like me!)

I was overwhelmed by so many aspects of yesterday's celebration; the beautiful Mass; being surrounded by my some of my brother priests from the Deanery and further afield and the presence of some of the Friars of the Renewal who travelled all the way from Canning Town especially for the Mass of thanksgiving; by Fr Emmanuel's marvellous homily and by the sheer number of people who were there to celebrate with me.

Amongst the sea of faces I spotted many friends from my former parishes of St John the Evangelist, Horsham and St Joseph's, Epsom plus a huge number from our own parish and some of the ministers from the Banstead Five Churches.

I was very moved by the genuine warmth and affection of everyone present.

I have already thanked everyone of course but can never repeat if often enough. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who was involved in this anniversary celebration of this most special event in my life - my Ordination to the Sacred Priesthood.

Here is a slideshow of the photos taken last night which I think captures the spirit of the evening. Here's to the next 10 years!


3 comments:

Elsa said...

It was indeed a lovely mass and celebration and we are all the richer for having you as our priest at St Ann's!

Amanda and Philip in Horsham said...

Congratulations Fr Miceal!!
We enjoyed the slide show & were sorry we couldn't be there for what sounds like a wonderful celebration!
We often talk of you in Horsham with great fondness.

(...So did you bring the red sports car back with you?).

Khoi said...

What an anniversary celebration! Congratulations again, Fr Miceal!
Nothing was missing even the flag of the state of Vatican City was there.