Monday 9 May 2011

The 'Feminisation of the Church . . ."

I saw this video on the Internet recently. The speaker, Michael Voris, makes some very interesting comments about the 'Feminisation of the Church'.


Looking at our regular Sunday Mass attendance, I don't think anyone would disagree with the suggestion that there are far more women than men in church, not just 'in the pews' but also amongst the Ministers of the Word, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, sacristans, musicians etc.

I wonder if, as suggested, this does have an effect on the men in our congregation and on Catholic men in the Church in general. I'd be interested to hear what other people think.

Update.

Regarding the blog on Feminization of the Church by Michael Voris, parishioners might be interested to know that they can receive daily broadcasts by Michael Voris by clicking onto RealCatholicTV.com Although they are free, you can make donations or, if you can afford it, you can sunscribe £10 per month for a much fuller coverage of all things Catholic. (Thanks to a parishioner for this information)

2 comments:

Jane said...

I think he has a good point. Women do seem to dominate in all areas of mens' professions and maybe it is having an impact on the number of priests and male altar servers (although it doesn't appear to affect the altar servers at St Ann's!). I definitely think the Catholic church should hold off ordaining women priests as I am sure that will mark the beginning of the end of the male priest.

Jane said...

I think he has a good point. Women do seem to dominate in all areas of mens' professions and maybe it is having an impact on the number of priests and male altar servers (although it doesn't appear to affect the altar servers at St Ann's!). I definitely think the Catholic church should hold off ordaining women priests as I am sure that will mark the beginning of the end of the male priest.